Effective: August 1, 2009
By accessing any of the Sites, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If you do not wish your information to be collected, used or disclosed in the manner or manners described in this Policy, please do not access or make use of any of the Sites.
- Types of Information. BEF may collect two types of information by and through the Sites.
- Aggregate Information. For purposes of this Policy, information that is anonymous, aggregate information (such as pages visited on the Sites, browser type, referring URL, IP address) will be referred to as “Aggregate Information.” Aggregate Information is not connected to you or to any other personally-identifiable information relating to you.
- Personal Information. For purposes of this Policy, personally-identifiable information that is connected to you or other personally-identifiable information relating to you, including, but not limited to your name, billing address, payment information, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, gender or project, will be referred to as “Personal Information”.
- Children under 13. BEF complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512). The Sites are not directed to children of any age and BEF does not knowingly collect in any manner any Personal Information from children under 13 years of age.
- Use of Information.
- Aggregate Information. BEF uses Aggregate Information only to generate statistical reports, such as reports about the use of the Sites. Such reports are used to make the Sites better meet your needs or to allow BEF to better conduct its work though the Sites. The reports are not provided to third parties.
- Personal Information. BEF uses Personal Information to fulfill your requests for services; to customize the content you see; and to contact you. If BEF uses third parties to assist BEF in processing your requests on the Sites, BEF will require that the third parties comply with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. BEF may also share Personal Information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of BEF’s network and services.
- Disclosures of Information.
- Personal Information. BEF does not sell, rent or share personally-identifiable information to or with any third party not affiliated with BEF, except that BEF may disclose such information to service providers who may assist BEF in processing your requests at the Sites in such areas as data storage.
- Aggregate Information. Aggregate information may be used by BEF for (a) internal purposes to help BEF improve its users’ experience at the Sites and to better conduct its work through the Sites, (b) presentations of data to third parties, or (c) any other use determined by BEF in its sole discretion, so long as the data remains aggregate and does not identify an individual or user.
- Cookies. BEF may use “cookies” to recognize and count new visitors and to acquire Aggregate Information that lets BEF analyze traffic patterns and tune the performance and functionality of the Sites. A cookie is a file that is placed on your hard drive when you visit a web site. It contains specific information that allows the Sites to “recognize” your computer the next time you visit. The most important use for cookies is to eliminate the need for you to re-enter your information every time you visit the Sites. Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can turn off cookies using your browser settings. To learn how, see: for Microsoft Internet Explorer users, http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.mspx; or for Firefox users, http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_help_firefox_cookie_tutorial.html. If you turn off cookies, certain features of the Sites may no longer work or may work differently. Please note that when you accept a cookie from the Sites, BEF does not gain access to your hard drive or personal information other than the information you have provided to us. BEF does not provide cookie information to any third party.
- Disclosure as Required by Law. BEF will disclose Personal Information when required by law or if BEF has a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on BEF.
- Business Transition. In the event BEF goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or a sale of a portion of BEF’s assets, your Personal Information may be part of the assets transferred. Disclosure of your Personal Information in such a situation, or in contemplation of such a situation, shall be deemed consistent with this Policy. However, such a transfer may result in a change in this Policy, and you are advised and strongly encouraged to review this Policy frequently.
- Links. The Sites contain or may contain links to other web sites. BEF is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other web sites. This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Sites. BEF encourages you to be aware when you leave the Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personal Information.
- Security. BEF takes commercially-reasonable precautions to protect your information. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, BEF cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information submitted through the Sites. BEF also makes an off-line effort to protect your Personal Information. BEF makes commercially-reasonable efforts to restrict access to Personal Information to employees who need the information to perform a specific job. BEF maintains commercially-reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard Personal Information BEF collects.
- Contacting, Updating and Opting Out. You may use the contact information provided below to request a change in your Personal Information (such as address correction) or to have your Personal Information removed from BEF’s database. BEF will correct, update, or remove your Personal Information according to your request. You may also use the contact information below if you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or your dealings with the Sites.
Bonneville Environmental Foundation
Attention: Ben Stuart
240 SW 1st Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97204
- Policy Changes. BEF reserves the right to make, at its sole discretion, any changes, modifications, additions or deletions to all or portions of this Policy at any time. BEF recommends that you review this Policy frequently. If BEF makes a material change to this Policy, BEF will notify you by standard mail or e-mail, or by clear notice on BEF’s home page. The changes will not be effective against you until the notice has been provided and you have assented to the change through continued use of the Sites.