Northwest Stream Center
- As of 4:41am PST
12,311.1 kWh17,235.5 lbs of CO2 Avoided
This could power:
- An electric toothbrush for
- A 42" plasma-screen television for
- A typical video game system for
The proposed solar demonstration project at the NW Stream Center has three goals:
1. Goal: Reduce the Adopt A Stream Foundation’s use of hydro power generated electricity
Objective: Install up to a 2 kW solar panel system funded by Planet Power in such a manner that it can be easily expanded with the additional solar panels, then initiate a fundraising effort to expand that system up to an 80kW system. This action will reduce monthly electric bills and demonstrate how the use of alternative energy benefits salmon runs. The project will also provide power necessary for our Trout Stream Exhibit.
2. Goal: Demonstrate to up to 245,000 visitors/year that solar power is viable in the Pacific NW for residential and commercial use.
Objective: Install a “Solar Demonstration Kiosk” that will present to the public the costs and benefits of using solar power in both residential and commercial applications. This Kiosk will also be used to promote the Planet Power program.
3. Goal: Attract donors to expand this solar power generating capacity of the demonstration project to meet all NW Stream Center energy needs including its Visitors Building and Trout Stream Exhibit.
Objective: Request local community groups, service organizations and businesses to consider purchasing solar panels to expand the electrical generating capacity of this demonstration project to power the NW Stream Center.
For another look at the solar data, visit: http://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/gKJK10463